Responsible Pet Owners Alliance’s
Pet Assistance Program provides:
- A telephone “hotline” to assist anyone with an
animal problem. Dial (210) 822-6763. Assistance is also provided by e-mail and this web site.
- Paws for Service dog/owner teams, who visit
hospitals and nursing homes after completion of a training course and mentoring phase.
- A Pet Retention Program to prevent animals from
being relinquished to shelters (Counseling, pet training referrals, and behavior problem solving).
- For Disasters: Provide assistance as needed in the community.
- A Pet Recovery Program
- Return more lost or impounded pets to their
owners by maintaining a Lost and Found Registry and advising pet owners of helpful procedures to follow when their pet is lost.
- Promoting and publicizing microchip
identification for pets. Conduct and support microchip clinics.
- Neighborhood Pet Registration and Hotline
Program for lost pets (through neighborhood associations).
- First Offender’s Course in Responsible Pet
Ownership, similar to a Defensive Driving Course, to be offered by the city for animal code violations.